BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The end of the school year rolls near!

As I look at my calendar I am reminded that the end of the school year is getting near!  16 days left! I can tell my students are starting to get antzy! Our Senior homeroom got their caps and gowns today.  I then realized...I am about to complete my fifth year as a teacher. I remember hearing about the "Five Year Burnout" when I was in college.  I am thankful I don't feel that way.  While my job does have it's stressors, it gives me some down time now and then to reflect. Those times are sometimes more rare, and sometimes more abundant. While I am writing this, I have a few moments!  I love my job, and I love the kids I work with.  They drive me crazy sometimes, but truly I care about them and their sucess in life.  I hope to show myself as a good example to them.  I pray for my kids and pray I can be a good teacher to them. 
Last night my husband informed me as to what he is giving me for our anniversary!  It will be our 2nd anniversary on the 9th!  One day after Mother's day!
My husband bought us tickets to see "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe"!!! I am so excited.  I haven't been to a play in a long time and Dewy(my husband) does not go to plays.  But he says, "he'll go for me!" This is a big step for him!  Maybe someday I can get him to take me to a musical...okay...that's a stretch!
Happy Thursday Everyone!

0 comments: